Are YOU running the NYC Marathon? Join us for some information and inspiration!
NY Custom PT will have RESOURCE STATIONS where you can talk to an expert about: nutrition, course strategy, race day prep, physical prep, mental strategy
MIRNA VALERIO, with her new book "A BEAUTIFUL WORK IN PROGRESS" for purchase and signing!
Giveaways, beer, and much much more!
Don't miss out on ALL THINGS NYC MARATHON!
Prize awarded to best represented TEAM!
Come check out Bakline Running and pick up some gear!
NY CUSTOM PT
Tickets are only $15!
Wed, October 4, 2017
6:00 PM – 8:00 PM
- Tara Mardigan, MS, MPH, RD is a NYC-based nutritionist, also known as The Plate Coach. She is the co-author of Real Fit Kitchen, a cookbook for athletes, fitness enthusiasts and weekend warriors.Tara sees clients and athletes through her virtual nutrition practice, where her work is focused on lifestyle modification for disease prevention, optimal health and performance. She also consults in-person with clients, workplaces and restaurants in the NYC area. Tara has competed the Boston Marathon 4 times, several half marathons. When she isn’t working you can find her on the streets with November Project or at the track with the Bed-Stuy Flyers.
- Chris has been the head coach of the Dashing Whippets for the past two years and is a USATF and RRCA-certified coach. Growing up in the Boston area, running has always been part of his life: spectating the marathon as a kid, running competitively in high school and college, working in a running store, coaching at various levels including youth, high school and adult and a certified USATF official. While his true passion is the team aspect of cross country, he competes on the road, track and trails at distances ranging from 400m to the marathon at many of the city’s running meccas from Ocean Breeze to Van Cortlandt Park and everywhere in between. Chris is currently training for the Steamtown Marathon in hopes of Boston qualifying; his marathon PR is 3:03.
ASK A MARATHONER:
- Anne has been a runner since high school but when she moved to NYC, she fell in love with the marathon. Anne enjoys running in new places, most recently she did a 20 mile training run in Tokyo. She is a master in the art of race preparation. Anne is a 2 time NYC marathon finisher and last year PRed by 23 minutes! Her best piece of advice “big believer that mental strength takes you further than physical strength in a marathon”. Anne will also be running the Chicago Marathon on October 8th!
- Ron was a college baseball player turned serious runner in his mid 30’s. He is now a competitive master’s runner for CPTC. His marathon PR is 2:38 and has run 12 marathons in the 2:40’s. Lifetime PR’s: 10K–33:56 13.1–1:14:41 26.2–2:38:57 (12 total marathons in the 2:40’s)
- Jerlyn discovered she could run in 2008 and completed her first 5K to fundraise for breast cancer research. She became a member of NYRR shortly after and ran a few races before discovering she loved running much further distances. She has since completed 4 triathlons, 9 marathons (she ran NYC twice) and 6 ultramarathons. She hopes to compete in her second 50-mile race in November.
- Wendy owns and directs Custom Performance NYC. She is a PT with advanced certification in Orthopedics (OCS), and holds many certifications including: USATF, ACSM, ART, Graston, RRCA. She has run recreationally for 20 years and has run 3 marathons including NYC twice.
- Gregory Laraia ATC is an Athletic Trainer and running consultant at Custom Performance. Greg graduated from East Stroudsburg University of Pennsylvania where he was a student athlete competing all four years on the Cross Country and Track teams. During his time at East Stroudsburg Greg interned in a variety of settings from middle school all the way up to division 1 collegiate athletics performing injury assessments, rehabilitation exercises and therapeutic modalities to all types of athletes. Greg is also FMT Rocktape Certified, a competitive runner in the New York area as well as a running coach with clients of all ages.
- Cathlin Fitzgerald PT, DPT, CSCS is a physical therapist and running consultant at Custom Performance. She graduated from Ithaca College with her Doctorate of Physical Therapy (DPT). She went on to pursue further specialization in outpatient orthopedic and sports care, obtaining her CSCS (Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist), FMS (Functional Movement Screen), and CAFS (Certification in Applied Functional Science). She believes in a hands on approach, utilizing the latest manual techniques and functional corrective exercise. Cat is currently working to become a certified manual physical therapy specialist.
- A native of Brooklyn, NY, is a Spanish teacher, diversity practitioner, cross-country coach, ultra runner, OCR enthusiast and blogger. Valerie’s blogs about all things running appear at Fat Girl Running and in Women’s Running Magazine. Her story was featured in the Wll Street Journal and Runner’s World and on NBC Nightly News. Valerie is a global ambassador for Merrell, an ambassador for Skirt Sports, and an athlete for Swiftwick.